Fall 2014

Fall 2014
Our family ~ LJ 5, Nolan 3, Caleb 7 months, Samson Aslan 8 (swimming in river:)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Only about a week until Landon is due so really any day now we are hoping to meet our little miracle! :o) The past couple of months have flown by. We can't believe he is finally almost here.

We have been spending as much time as possible together and hanging out with the pups. Pictured at right is the "Bark at the Park' day where we went with friends Lisa, Abe, and Layla to the local ballpark on the day the Humane Society does a benefit there and all dogs can come. It was a blast and Daisy and Sam loved it! We saw so many families with babies there and are already looking forward to going with little Landon next year. We have also been hiking with the dogs a bunch and really getting outdoors as much as possible in this gorgeous almost Fall NC weather! Right is me taking a break with the dogs at the top of the long beautiful trail we recently did in the foothills of NC.
We also were blessed by another couple of baby showers here in Winston over the past month. One was at Cancer Services where I work and the other was hosted by Janet and Richmond and Crystal and James (couples we are friends with from Wake Law) and Samantha Fisher my best friend from high school who now lives in Durham. Both were amazingly fun and a great way to celebrate the upcoming birth of our sweet son and spend time with everyone before he gets here!


Thanks to such an easy pregnancy, I have been able to work the whole time and am loving my job at Cancer Services. Landon has helped me raise thousands of dollars to help people with cancer right here in our community. :o) With him in my belly, I have spoken at many different events, the news, and put on several successful fundraisers. You can see what we've been doing at http://www.cancerservicesonline.org/. I was so worried I would have a rough pregnancy and am so thankful for such a healthy and productive 9 months so far! Cancer Services is the most amazing place to work. Most days it does not even feel like a job...it is a way I am able to give to those in need and really make a difference by helping people with cancer and their families get the financial, social, and physical support they need. We are able to provide all of this at no charge to the patient so they come in looking lost and scared and leave with a new sense of hope and joy. It is truly incredible. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to work with such amazing people too...they are all so wonderful. I am really going to miss my Cancer Services family while out on maternity leave but thankfully Landon's pediatrician is right down the street from the office so I am sure we will stop in periodically to say hi and let everyone hold him!

We finally finished 'nesting' on the inside and outside of our sweet old home and now finally feel 'ready' for Landon to be here after all of the work we've done to make out home more safe and all of our birthing, CPR, and breastfeeding classes. :) We know we will never really be ready but are glad we were able to get sort of organized and prepared for his arrival. James replaced our old carpets with new hardwood laminate floors. They are beautiful and compliments of Nana and Grandpa Cohn and Buffaloe Flooring (The Lunsmanns' business who are family friends...amazing to work with and we LOVED the whole experience...check out http://www.buffalofloors.com/ if you want to get the best materials and advice for flooring). Thanks so much to them for helping us have a much safer home for our sweet son! We could not be more blessed by these beautiful floors and appreciate them so much.
We also recently celebrated James' 27th birthday! :) It was an awesome day; in lieu of doing a big party for him which we usually do, he just requested that I stay home from work and spend his last birthday without lots of kids just with him. It was so sweet and I had lots of flex time to take since I have been working so many weekends on fundraisers! We hiked a gorgeous trail during the day, I made him his favorite home cooked meals, and ended a perfect day with a nice dinner out and when we got home I surprised him with his favorite home made chocolate cake with home made cream cheese icing. It was a wonderful celebration of my amazing hubby. I could not be prouder of what an incredible man I am married to; he is the perfect husband and best friend and I could not be more blessed than I am to be able to spend the rest of my life with my sweet James.

We also recently completed all of the finishing touches on Landon's nursery! It turned out so functional and cute...we hope he will be able to rest and eat peacefully in his little room and that it will be a safe and fun place for him. We spent hours making sure it was safe and that everything was hung and placed just right. All of his little clothes, socks, hats, booties, blankies, coats, sling, backpack, feeding pillows, burp cloths, bath stuff, pack n' play, high chair, swings, etc. that we have been so richly blessed with as gifts have been washed in extra gentle detergent and hung or put in his little drawers. We got air purifying plants and put them on high shelves, got his crib, changing table, rocking chair, and mobile all set up in addition to his bookshelves with lots of awesome educational books and toys galore. I get tears in my eyes every time I go into his nursery; I am in awe at how God has provided for our son. With James in school and me working for a non-profit, we were concerned about how we would have everything he needed; God showed up and provided more than we could ever imagine that we will need to properly care for and clothe our little angel. Our Lord is so amazing! :o)
Thanks to everyone who has made this pregnancy and upcoming arrival of our little angel so much fun and so memorable. Since I am so bad at keeping up with this blog thing, the next update may be with pictures of our newborn son! :) Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for our family. We can't WAIT to meet Landon any day now!!!!!!! Below are a few more big pics of what we've been up to for the past few months. Enjoy! We love you all so much!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for finally posting pics!! I love it and can't WAIT to get pics of HIM!!

Julie said...

i love led zeplen :). And you guys too, of course!