Fall 2014

Fall 2014
Our family ~ LJ 5, Nolan 3, Caleb 7 months, Samson Aslan 8 (swimming in river:)

Thursday, August 9, 2012

LJ's First Car Accident, more funny LJ quotes

This week, I took the boys out to LJ's best bud Chase's new home in Riverchase. It was AWESOME and LJ is sooo excited to make many fun memories there with his buddy. What we didn't expect was for LJ to get in his first car accident at age almost 3. As we were leaving, I was intent on getting Nolan in the car first before LJ thinking since their new house is in the country I could let him play for a sec while I clicked Nolan in. Literally two minutes later as I was closing Nolan's car door, I heard a LOUD crash and ran over to make sure LJ was ok (I hardly ever take me eyes off of him because he is a little clumsy so of course I panicked:). He was in Chase's battery powered hotwheels truck and had somehow run it into the front bumper of Lindsey's brand new Honda Pilot. I was shocked and he thought the look on my face was hilarious because as soon as he saw me he started cracking up. Hahaha. I calmly took him out of the hot wheels truck, put it back in the garage, and checked Lindsey's car. It looked fine but I still called her on the way home to make sure sha and Charles checked it telling them of course we would pay for any damages. I hope this is his first and last car accident! :o) So funny. That night, Charles sent James a text message that said "Lindsey's car is fine...LJ got lucky on his first accident!" We were crying we were laughing so hard. Thankful for friends who are in our same life stage who understand and have a sense of humor about these things. I guess boys will be boys...but I DID learn my lesson to always put LJ in the car before taking my eyes off of him. Another funny LJ saying this week was in Hobby Lobby. This sweet older lady came rushing up to us telling me how beautiful the boys are etc. LJ proceeded to look at her and say pointedly with a HUGE grin, "Hi I am looking for a new toy box...but it'd better be cheap or Daddy will KILL us!!!" The lady was cracking up and offered to help us to the car with our big toy box since the HL baskets are so small and I had both boys. She was so sweet and really loved the boys. Life with these guys really is an adventure! :O) Pics to come!

No comments: