Fall 2014

Fall 2014
Our family ~ LJ 5, Nolan 3, Caleb 7 months, Samson Aslan 8 (swimming in river:)

Monday, March 14, 2011

Landon is One and a Half Today!

Our sweet angel is one and a half today! We had the best time celebrating with a fun cupcake snack at the park with his best girlfriend Bella (who of course shares his special birthday) and some other wonderful friends. It was awesome. The above is only one of hundreds of cute pics and I will post more later. Just wanted to write a note to Landon (hopefully he reads my blog books someday when he has kids and wants to see what he was doing at their age...or his wife will:) while I am thinking of him on his special day. Here are things Landon is doing at 18 mos:

~Saying a few words: mama, dada, dog, kitty, bubble, Karly, GiGi, Nana, car, woo hoo, no, yeah, where's dad (first 'sentence':), el (for his elephant blankie), book, Bella, and I am sure there are a few more I am leaving out but these are the main ones! We work with him daily on new words and putting sentences together...I am sure we'll hear him talk more soon and can't wait!
~Signs: train, eat, more, please, thank you, grandpa, dada, dog,bird and many more
~Sounds: lion, tiger, bear, choo choo, ahhhh, elephant trunk sound, meow, ruff, vroom, etc.

Interests:
~Running FAST, playing with trucks and trains, chasing the Landa Park train and riding on it, waving to passengers, anything trains, signing train when he hears the big train go by our neighborhood, pushing/pulling anything with wheels (grocery carts at children's museum, his little truck, the hippo Bella loaned him, etc, making a comfy area between couch and coffee table under the big window with all of his stuffed animals...specifically his lion pillow from grand nana and his security blankies El and Bearfriend, shaking shakers, playing drums, playing guitar with Dad, playing piano, blowing his horn, anything musical...LOVES music, listening and dancing to Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, etc...loves to 'dance' (meaning he just bounces up and down and sways his arms...SO cute), collecting rocks, sticks, etc by the river and throwing them in the water of placing them neatly in his fun pail, wawa (the river, swimming, etc), reading books...loves his books and sits for hours quietly flipping through the pages...loves for Mommy and Dada to read to him...favorites include: all Dr Seuss, My Mommy and I and Daddy and I, recorded book from Nana and Popsie by Karen Kats (sp?) Let me Count the Ways I Love You, anything with peek-a-boo flaps, etc, Goodnight Ocean, his baby prayer book and bible, and anything by Sandra Boyton, and more.

Landon James is the greatest joy imaginable and we are so excited that he is growing up so big and strong and happy...and that he will be a big bro soon. He will be the best big brother in the whole world! As a Mom. I could not be more blessed. I have the most incredible toddler around...and thank goodness he still LOVES to snuggle with his Mama, smile and laugh with his Mama, and always brightens my days. :~)

No comments: